June 03, 2008

Swingers

Yesterday I watched a lot of CBS. I admit I like to watch Soaps and Ryan & I watched CSI last night too. So it seems like CBS was on all day. Ok here's where I get to the point. Apparently there's a new show coming out called Swingers. It's set in the 1970's and it's about married couples who are swingers. (just in case you don't know, swingers are married couples who have sex with other married couples). EVERY commercial break, there was a commercial to promote the show. It even flashed down on the screen while CSI was on too. So I went off on a tangent to Ryan last night about what our world is coming to. I mean we see gay people kissing all over tv, and now there's a show about swingers which in my mind is completely off. You marry the one person you want to spend your life with and then decide to share the most intimate part of your marriage with other people. I just don't seem to get it...and it really disturbs me. Once again the world is telling us that this kind of lifestyle is ok. I pray that marriage continues to be sacred and is something that is shared between 2 people. I pray that marriages will stay strong and couples will stay in love for the long haul. This show is sending out a completely mixed up way for us to view marriage. It angers me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

open your mind. while i am not a "swinger," I understand shows that illustrate other's lifestyle choices should be welcome in our "melting pot" of a country. it is closed mind people who feel everybody should stay within "the chosen" lifestyle that is bringing down this country.